Box Hill Relay Information 2018
All the team entries for this weekend’s Box Hill Relays are locked in and it’s going to be an exciting day. There are over 500 teams competing over 13 centres.
Please find attached the final timetables for this weekend’s Box Hill Relay Competition.
Your age managers will confirm the teams for each race. For any last minute withdraws or changes please contact your age managers.
|U8 B: Vu Nguyen||U9 G: Simon Fitzpatrick||U11B: Jonathan Williamson||U12G: Michelle Hayes & David Coventry|
|U8 G: Kristen Davey||U10 B: Ross De Valle||U11G: Yvette Kruger||U13B: Vu Nguyen|
|U9 B: Chris Boribon||U10 G: Nerel Ezra & Greg Kerr||U12B: Greg Dixon & David Nicholson||U13G: Bridget Thom|
|U6-U7 B: Vu Nguyen|
|U6-U7 G: Vu Nguyen|
Below are important notes of reminder for Sunday.
- U6-U8 need to wear the white Saturday tshirts
- U9+ need to have the official CMLAC competition uniform. Please purchase a uniform online and pick up from our club rooms tomorrow morning if you have not already done so.
- All athletes need to report to their age managers 30mins prior to their race and be at the call rooms 15mins before start
- There will be no race protests this weekend
- Any team scratches need to be report to the Call Room on the day
- Shuttle Run – U6 & U7 combined will run over a distance of 50m with max 4 athletes. There will be a boys and a girls race
1 Min Challenge.
Vu will select 8 athletes on the day to represent the club in this event.
The minute challenge will consist of two mixed gender events, one Junior – U8,9,10,11 and one Senior U12,13,14,15/16). Each team is made up of 4 runners, one from each age group, two boys and two girls. Eg: A Junior team example might be; 2 Boys (U8 and U11), 2 Girls (U9 and U10). Flexible running order. The first runner will start off the gun and run for 1 minute, until the next gun. A marker is thrown down to indicate the starting point for the next runner, who has 30sec to start on the next gun. This is repeated for the 3rd and 4th runners. The team covering the greatest distance after 4 minutes wins the event.
News and Entertainment:
- Parking will be available in the streets around the track. It will be busy so be sure to leave ample time
- Trophy relay batons will be presented to top three places for U9-U16s. All U6-U8 athletes will be presented with participation awards.
- Engraving will be available
- Dress and paint up in team colours to celebrate your centre
- Bring your Centre’s flag and we will place it behind the presentation podium
- Gate entry $2 for adults free for kids. Program available at the gate
- Steve Hooker and John Steffenson from midday, presenting medals and photo opps
- Cash canteen, BBQ, coffee, etc. Breakfast from 8.30am!
- Jumping Castle for the young ones.