Box Hill Relay Information 2019
All the team entries for this weekend’s Box Hill Relays are locked in and it’s going to be an exciting day. There are over 500 teams competing over 13 centres.
Your age managers will confirm the teams for each race. For any last minute withdraws or changes please contact your age managers.
Below are important reminders for competition.
- U6-U8 need to wear the white Saturday t-shirts
- U9+ need to have the official CMLAC competition uniform. Please purchase a uniform online and pick up from our club rooms tomorrow morning if you have not already done so.
- All athletes need to report to their age managers 30mins prior to their race and be at the call rooms 15mins before start
- There will be no race protests this weekend
- Any team scratches need to be report to the Call Room on the day
- Shuttle Run – U6 & U7 combined will run over a distance of 50m with max 4 athletes. There will be a boys and a girls race
1 Min Challenge.
We will select 8 athletes on the day to represent the club in this event.
The minute challenge will consist of two mixed gender events, one Junior – U8,9,10,11 and one Senior U12,13,14,15/16). Each team is made up of 4 runners, one from each age group, two boys and two girls. Eg: A Junior team example might be; 2 Boys (U8 and U11), 2 Girls (U9 and U10). Flexible running order. The first runner will start off the gun and run for 1 minute, until the next gun. A marker is thrown down to indicate the starting point for the next runner, who has 30sec to start on the next gun. This is repeated for the 3rd and 4th runners. The team covering the greatest distance after 4 minutes wins the event.
News and Entertainment:
- The program will run between 830am – 6pm.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze relay batons will be awarded in each final. Engraving/labelling available on site.
- Recognition for all under 6,7 & 8s participants
- Coffee van, BBQ, canteen food & refreshments available all day.
- Admission is $2 per spectator, while competitors and children U16 free.
- Centre uniforms to be worn by competing athletes
- Spray, Paint or wear you race colours for a bit of fun. Rewards for the