CMLAC’s coaching program is run by an enthusiastic and caring coaching team lead by led by Tony Marsh and Rachel Limburg from United Track & Field Coaching. We offer our members a range of opportunities to develop and improve basic athletic skills, leading to greater personal satisfaction, improved self esteem, fitness and skill. Our varied and flexible coaching program caters for all abilities and is integrated across the season at Righetti oval as follows:
- 8:00am prior to Saturday Meet
- Available to all club members.
- Specific event focus as per calendar.
- 9am at Righetti Oval
- Focussed on athletes U/9+
- Pre -Christmas will focus on relay training to assist teams preparing for the LAV region and relay events.
- Post-Christmas the focus will be on individual track and field disciplines to prepare athletes for the individual LAV region and state competitions.
Wednesday Training Schedule
- 4:30-5:15pm – U/6-U/8
- 5:15 – 6:00pm – U/9+
- available to all club members
- delivered by experienced and accredited Athletics Australia Coaches
- will include at least two coaches present at each session
- primarily focused on developing skills, athleticism and conditioning and is delivered in an age-appropriate way
- individualised for athletes U9 and above to ensure athletes are suitably challenged and supported, with respect to their interests and potential (includes sessions that support sprint and endurance focused athletes)
- focused on improving jumping, throwing, hurdling, running.
- NOTE : Training will start at 5pm for all athletes on Twilight meets.
For further information contact :
- Tony Marsh or Rachael Limburg – Email email@example.com
- Nerel Ezra (Club President) – Email firstname.lastname@example.org
With the Eastern Metropolitan Regional Carnival just over a week away and with over 50 athletes competing it would be great to see as many of you as possible at training. Please be aware of the following sessions available to our athletes
Wednesday, 6 February
- 4:30pm – 5:15pm U6 to u8 athletes – general conditioning
- 5:15pm – 6pm – u9+ athletes – sprints and horizontal jumps
Saturday, 9 February
- 8am – 8:45am – all athletes – high jump
Sunday, 10 February
- 9:30am – 10:30am u9+ athletes – middle distance and horizontal jumps
Wednesday, 13 February
- 5:00pm – 5:45pm all athletes – hurdles and throws
There will be no training on Saturday,16 February and Sunday, 17 February. Training will resume on Wednesday, 20 February.
Wednesday, 20 February
4:30pm – 5:15pm U6 to u8 athletes – general conditioning
5:15pm – 6pm – u9+ athletes – Sprints and Starts and Horizontal Jumps
Saturday, 23 February
8am – 8:45am – all athletes – Vertical Jumps
Sunday, 24 February
9:30am – 10:30am u9+ athletes – Middle Distance and Throws