CMLAC’s coaching program is run by an enthusiastic and caring coaching team lead by led by Tony Marsh and Rachel Limburg from United Track & Field Coaching. We offer our members a range of opportunities to develop and improve basic athletic skills, leading to greater personal satisfaction, improved self esteem, fitness and skill. Our varied and flexible coaching program caters for all abilities and is integrated across the season at Righetti oval as follows:
- 8:00am prior to Saturday Meet
- Available to all club members.
- Specific event focus as per calendar.
- 9am at Righetti Oval
- Focussed on athletes U/9+
- Pre -Christmas will focus on relay training to assist teams preparing for the LAV region and relay events.
- Post-Christmas the focus will be on individual track and field disciplines to prepare athletes for the individual LAV region and state competitions.
Wednesday Training Schedule
- 4:30-5:15pm – U/6-U/8
- 5:15 – 6:00pm – U/9+
- available to all club members
- delivered by experienced and accredited Athletics Australia Coaches
- will include at least two coaches present at each session
- primarily focused on developing skills, athleticism and conditioning and is delivered in an age-appropriate way
- individualised for athletes U9 and above to ensure athletes are suitably challenged and supported, with respect to their interests and potential (includes sessions that support sprint and endurance focused athletes)
- focused on improving jumping, throwing, hurdling, running.
- NOTE : Training will start at 5pm for all athletes on Twilight meets.
For further information contact :
- Tony Marsh or Rachael Limburg – Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nerel Ezra (Club President) – Email email@example.com
Cross Country Training
- Training with Tony Marsh runs throughout the cross-country season.
- Training commences at 4:45pm
- Questions can be directed to Kris Davey firstname.lastname@example.org