Contact : Kris Davey firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday Morning Duties
Children thrive when enjoying the support and interest of their parents. CMLAC is run by a committee of volunteers and therefore we need your active involvement to conduct the activities every Saturday morning.
Victorian Little Athletics Association guidelines require that a parent or guardian of each child remain at the ground for the morning’s events.
To enable you to support your children we provide a weekly roster of duties that are allocated to you on a rotating basis. Please ensure that if you are unable to fulfil your duties that you organise a suitable replacement.
Each week parents are required during the events to assist us to run the days events (see list below) – No prior experience is required, just enthusiasm.
- Pack Up – Making sure that each event is set up for the days competition
- Set Up – Packing up the equipment at the conclusion if the days competition
- Age Group Helpers – making sure the children get to all their activities on time, recording measurements, ensuring that they remain as a group and ensuring children visit the bathroom in pairs and providing general supervision.
- Event Assistant – eg. Assisting at a particular event such as high jump, long jump, discus etc. Each field event requires a minimum of 2-3 adults to run the event. Rules/ guidelines for all events are in the folders provided.
- Finish Line helpers – Located on the main track this group assists by ushering kids to recording and putting lane markers on track.
- Recorders – This group sits in the tent near the finish and keeps a record of times run by athletes for data input
- Data input – This position is located inside the clubroom.
In the best tradition of many hands making light work, each age group will have approximately 4 days during the season where they will be required to set up at 8am and pack up at the end of the morning’s events. Please make yourself aware of the days when you are required.
|Date||Age Group Rostered for Set Up & Pack Up|
|Saturday, 13 October||u10|
|Saturday, 20 October||u12, u13, u14, u6|
|Saturday, 27 October||u9|
With current Child Safety Legislation, not only do the committee, coaches, starters and First Aid need to have current Working with Children Checks, but it is ideal that as many parents as possible also have current WWCC. If you don’t already have one it is suggested that you obtain one. Please send a copy of your WWCC to email@example.com